This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Update Re: Hi...and help!  (Read 2116 times)

Heavy_D1

• View Profile
Update Re: Hi...and help!
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:06:38 PM »
Hi everyone,

Some of you may recall that on September 6th, I posted in the Introduction forum (http://wheatfreeforum.com/index.php/topic,472.0.html) regarding my WF journey beginning on August 25th (that I had stalled on the weight loss after a mere 13 days).

A lot of the regulars on this board provided some great advice and encouragement to continue. Since then, I have continued my WF lifestyle and lurked on this board to read tips, advice and stories. I thought I would just provide an update on how things are going.

Firstly, now that I've been on this diet/lifestyle for quite some time, I see the hilarity in my first post - that after a mere 13 days, I was freaking out about my lack of weight loss. I think most people (including me) who do any weight loss program have an unreal expectation of how quickly weight comes off. I'm learning that it takes time, but if you stick to it, it does come off. My advice to anyone just starting/thinking to start is to be realistic with your expectations. One of the best pieces of advice I got in my initial post was to not weigh yourself every day. There are other results you can achieve that can't be measured by the scale - loose clothing, more energy, less body aches - it's important to measure your success by looking at all results. I still weigh myself often because I'm a numbers guy, but I've learned the hard way to not take the number on the scale on any given day too personally.

Anyway, the update - I weighed myself this morning and since September 6th, I've lost an additional 23 pounds. That takes my weight loss during my WF lifestyle to 28 pounds and weight loss since August (when I started dieting in general) to 50 pounds. After my initial post, I stalled for another two to three weeks within a 5-6 pound range (up and down). Then there was a small, but consistent drop in weight. Around mid October (more than a month after my initial post) I had a strong run of weight loss (including a period where I lost about 10 pounds in 12 days).

Other than weight loss, I'm feeling more energetic, need new clothes, and two weeks ago, I went for a jog outside - my first in about 13 years. It was barely over a mile, but it's a start and the plan is to go twice a week (as long as I can wake up on time!)

I want to thank those who replied to my initial post. When I did that post, I was thinking of quitting, but your replies convinced me to keep going WF and boy am I glad I did! I still have quite a way to go, but am closer now than I ever was. Thanks all!

HungryinTN

Re: Update Re: Hi...and help!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:21:24 PM »
Woot!  That's wonderful!  You are really moving full-steam-ahead now.  Keep up the great work! 

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:06:49 PM »
That's awesome!   You should be really proud of yourself.   And thanks for posting an update too.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 02:58:35 AM »
Heavy,

Nearly everyone has these ups and downs when eating the WB way.  Some have dramatic results immediately, others take a longer time to notice the changes.  The big change is unseen: cell by cell your body is working better, the way it should be.  Cell by cell, then organ by organ, joint by joint, your body responds, giving you more energy and less or no pain!

I am marking my 11th month.  Not only no encouragement, but friends and family were shall we say "rather skeptical" about my decision  and certainly let me know about "their concerns".
Most of the time these were self centered, not about my health issues.  I still made their favorite dishes for family parties, using a grain and sugar free recipe when possible..  Otherwise, I baked and cooked to their wishes.  I didn't throw away the opened containers of flours and sugars and have used these ingredients for their requested cakes, cookies, breads and gravies, figuring they all needed a transition period too.  I won't replace these items and look forward to more pantry space.  This holiday season will be the end of the poison in my pantry!

The few times I ate wheat, inadvertently or knowingly, I felt lethargic afterwards.  Sometimes I was able to track down the source, sometimes I wasn't.  Now I am noticing I am sensitive to more of the chemicals in processed ingredients even when there isn't any wheat listed on the label. 

More importantly, now I am getting compliments all the time!  My skin is dewy and glowing.  I can move around with ease.  No more aches and stiffness.  Recent blood work now shows age appropriate  blood pressure, sugar, cholesterol and all other levels.  The skeptics are even
noticing my "wellness.".  Will they wonder about the road not taken?  Not my business, even though my heart aches for them because I know they will get sick.

Your story is similar to all of ours.  My personal mantra was "why should I poison myself with this -----?" and I would put the item down rather than in my mouth. 

So, keep your courage up and note the milestones month by month.  It will surprise you and keep you on the road to wellness.  The best really is yet to come.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 11:26:49 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »
H_D1,

Thanks for the post. Really excited to see you are reaping benefits of being WF. Thanks for letting us know.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 11:19:59 AM »

Sponsored Links