This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Carb Counts for Other Recipes  (Read 1699 times)

Loanne

• View Profile
Carb Counts for Other Recipes
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »
Just wondering if there's a web site whereby one could enter the ingredients of a specific dish and get a carb count per serving, or at least for the total dish? I know of a site that gives carb counts for specific foods. 

VibeRadiant

Re: Carb Counts for Other Recipes
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 09:53:31 AM »
try this site.

http://www.fitwatch.com/database/analyzer.php

I haven't tried it so I can't vouch for it.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:39:13 AM »
I have used MyFitnessPal.com.  It takes a bit of time but gives a readout of five things, you get to select from a list.  You can permenently enter recipes and meals and it will do a total for you.  I found my muffins were about 15 grams of carb.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 12:44:40 PM »
Thanks, Lynda.  I'll try yours.  Been wondering about the muffin in a mug tally, and try not to eat it every day.  But they are so good!

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »
I wasn't going to post this, but maybe others are interested.  This site is great!  Well, I had to set up an account (and left out as much info as I could get away with), and entered the ingredients for the Muffin in a Mug.  I've been making it with butter, pecan pieces, and about half dozen raisins.  Comes out to around 12-13 carbs.  I usually have a fried egg with that.  So...a little high, but I won't have it every day.  And maybe go back to cheese instead of the sweet version.  That will be less, I'm sure.  Thanks again!! And by the way, am down more pounds...72 altogether.  Yeah!

HungryinTN

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »
.  Thanks again!! And by the way, am down more pounds...72 altogether.  Yeah!

That's fantastic!  How long have you been WF?

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 07:01:27 AM »
Wow, Loanne, what fabulous success!  Was that all from WB plan?  Keep it up.
Vibe, that site looks pretty interesting for a single recipe carb count, thanks.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »
Yes, my weight lost is attributed solely to the WB plan.  I'm feeling so much better.  Still have a ways to go, and it's slow...3 lbs just in October.  But I'm OK with that.  Listening to my hunger signals is all new to me, and how different foods react with me...all new, too.  Before I couldn't get food down fast enough.  Now enjoying it slowly is a wonderful experience.  I tell everybody about this who will listen!  And many who won't!  :)   It's been almost a year (just before Thanksgiving) since I started this.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 02:29:26 PM »
That's great Loanne!   :D

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2013, 02:29:26 PM »

Sponsored Links