This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Omega/Juicers/Flour making  (Read 5632 times)

Kydi

• View Profile
Omega/Juicers/Flour making
« on: November 15, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else on here has had any luck with making their own almond flour. I recently found out that my Omega 8006 juicer does a find job of turning almonds into meal, however it's not quite fine enough to create flour.

Does anyone have any experience with milling their own flour at all? I don't have a vitamix unfortunately, I hear that would do the trick. I live in Winnipeg/MB, and so far the only almond meal source I've found was a $10 3C bag in a health food store, and it's not even flour.  :-[

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Omega/Juicers/Flour making
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 01:55:07 AM »
Kydi,

If you run the almonds through your juicer again, you might have a suitable meal to use.  The skins left on makes the product heavier, but usable.  You might try blanching your nuts first to remove the skins.  There are internet sites that show you how to do this.  It does create a lighter flour from the almonds. Another thought is to look closely at the consistency of the meal that your health food store sells.  If you can match it using your juicer, then that is fine.  You might consider purchasing a food processor if you are going to be on a LCHF diet. This makes all those recipes a whole bunch easier.

Honeyville and Nuts.com sell the flour cheaper in bulk and have coupons for discounts, but you do have to pay shipping charges which are modest.

The meal is perfectly fine to use.  I save my Honeyville flour for the baked goods which you might want a lighter result, like cakes or even the breads recipes from Dr. D's cook books.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 06:58:18 PM by Barbara from New Jersey »

Kydi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:24:46 PM »
THanks for the suggestion Barbara!

It absoluetly worked! I rand the almond meal througg a few times. Turns out 3-4 times is optimal, after that it starts truning into a paste. I was thinking of doing a youtube video on it. I am so unbelievably happy! And I never even thought about blanching! Thank you!

Costco here sells 1.1kg bags of sliced blanched almonds. I'm looking forward to baking! I just hope I can find a way to make half decent bagels.. not that I eat them alot.. but the idea of never having them is .. scary. :)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 04:09:50 PM »
Kydi,

You are very welcome!  Lots of recipes on prima/paleo sites for "bread". 

Linda R

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »
THanks for the suggestion Barbara!

It absoluetly worked! I rand the almond meal througg a few times. Turns out 3-4 times is optimal, after that it starts truning into a paste. I was thinking of doing a youtube video on it. I am so unbelievably happy! And I never even thought about blanching! Thank you!

Costco here sells 1.1kg bags of sliced blanched almonds. I'm looking forward to baking! I just hope I can find a way to make half decent bagels.. not that I eat them alot.. but the idea of never having them is .. scary. :)

Here is a link to Maria's recipe for bagels.  They look awesome!

http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/bagels-and-why-no-wheat/

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 05:01:21 PM »

Sponsored Links