This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Gluten Summit Transcripts  (Read 12400 times)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Gluten Summit Transcripts
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 12:52:46 PM »
Jan, thank you so much. What a generous thing to do. I was able to download all but three on my iPad:
Gedgaudas
Vojdani
Keech
Can't imagine why those 3 didn't download. Anybody else experience this?

VibeRadiant

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, 01:12:18 PM »
Thank you so much!

This is wonderful of you.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 03:03:49 AM »
Jan, thank you so much. What a generous thing to do. I was able to download all but three on my iPad:
Gedgaudas
Vojdani
Keech
Can't imagine why those 3 didn't download. Anybody else experience this?

I had the same issue with the same three.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:13:03 AM »
Thank you Jan, successfully downloaded.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:08:43 AM »
Got them. Thanks, Jan!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:56:48 AM »
Wow Jan!  Thanks!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 11:30:37 AM »
I find it interesting that Dr Davis advocates a low GI and high(er) fat WOE and he is followed by Jacki Kerr who advocates dates in smoothies, dates being very high on the GI.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 03:46:11 PM »
Jan,

Thank you!   :)

I am delighted to be able to read and reread the talks.  As I try to absorb all this info, I find myself going back to review some of the articles.  It is amazing that these people are all on the same page!  When you have so many well respected people in agreement, then you know this is the way to eat. 

Namaste,
Barbara

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 06:06:31 AM »
Thank you so much Jan for taking the time to make these available to all of us. I missed several and it's great that now I can catch the ones I missed. My brain was on overload after watching the few I did manage to see! So much wonderful information. This was a very generous thing for you to do.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 08:51:57 AM »
Glad everyone is enjoying the transcripts! I'm more of a visual processor so I retain more by reading....plus they were talking so fast, it was nearly impossible to take notes! Anyway, I'll try to post the remaining podcasts ASAP.

Bea

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »
Thank you Jan for downloading the transcripts. Unfortunately I managed to view only 5 of the presentations before I went over my download limit - so now I am delighted to be able to read and re-read them.
Dr Davis presentation was one of the best I've seen - I wish it was available on youtube. It seemed to cover more than some of his other presentations. Looking forward to the other presentations.

Loekie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 03:49:09 AM »
I heard one of the speakers say that years and years before a disease develops, there can be markers in the blood for that specific disease. I thougth it was lupus.
And he talked about a link, maybe, between gluten and MS. I wonder if there is also a link between A.L.S. and gluten. A.L.S. is on of the most terrifying diseases you can imagine. De strange thing about A.L.S. is that the first patient was in the nineteenth century, before that time it was unknown.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:52:22 AM by Loekie »
Wheat free since february 2012

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 08:17:18 AM »

wonder if there is also a link between A.L.S. and gluten. A.L.S. is on of the most terrifying diseases you can imagine. De strange thing about A.L.S. is that the first patient was in the nineteenth century, before that time it was unknown.

My grandmother died from ALS about 30 years ago when she was in her 60s..   She lived in Europe her whole life.   Her family owned a bakery.   My grandmother used to prepare meat for the warm lunch meal, but she rarely ate it.    I wonder if it is related.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 08:18:53 AM by Rita »

Loekie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 10:52:32 AM »

wonder if there is also a link between A.L.S. and gluten. A.L.S. is on of the most terrifying diseases you can imagine. De strange thing about A.L.S. is that the first patient was in the nineteenth century, before that time it was unknown.

My grandmother died from ALS about 30 years ago when she was in her 60s..   She lived in Europe her whole life.   Her family owned a bakery.   My grandmother used to prepare meat for the warm lunch meal, but she rarely ate it.    I wonder if it is related.

My grandfather died from ALS, also in his 60s. There can be a genetic component. There was someone else in his family.
If you take a larg number of people who eat gluten free since a very young age, and if there is no one who got ALS at older age, it can be a sign.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 11:00:34 AM by Loekie »
Wheat free since february 2012

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 12:35:44 PM »
Hi Jan,

There is the same problem of "access denied" for Liz Lipsky, Deanna Minich and Yehuda Shoenfeld transcripts. 

Thank you again!   Like you, I am a visual learner so reading means so much more retention for me.   :)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 02:29:46 PM »
Got it!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 04:24:50 PM »
Thank you for all the downloads! I've got a lot of reading to do.

HungryinTN

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 09:17:26 PM »
I sure do wish I had time for this right now!  Maybe I can come back to it after I finish my dissertation...so about 2016... ::)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »
Wow! This is overwhelming!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2013, 06:58:29 AM »
Well I wasn't going to buy the course, but decided to since the price goes up tonight.  In that case I can listen in my car.   There's so much good info there that I want to hear again.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
I am unable to download the transcript by Andrew Keech. Am I too late?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 03:33:49 PM »
Suz,

There was some kind of problem and Jan reloaded the addresses.  See reply #4 dated November 17 from Jan.  Use those addresses.

FWIW, I read Dr. Keech's lecture on colostrum and ordered from his web site.  Not wanting to wait until delivery from Texas, I bought a brand called Symbiotics from a local vitamin shop.  Within 2 doses, I felt my sinuses start to unswell.  This colostrum adds back the age diminished anti bodies in the immune system and blood stream.  It helps heal your leaky gut and is wonderful for candida problems.

It is supposed to diminish auto-immune problems, skin problems and all sorts of things.  Five days isn't enough of a trial period, but I can say that I really do feel a bit better and have more stamina. It was very cold and windy here today.  MY nose didn't run or my eyes water going in and out of food stores buying for the holiday dinner.  Nothing, not even a sneeze.  I wasn't even tired. 

IF you still can't load the lecture, then maybe ask Rita to help.  It is, in my opinion at least, one of the best and most compelling resource since Dr. D's no grain-no sugar ideas.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 08:53:51 PM »
Thank you again, [size=78%]Barbara. Unfortunately Dr Keech isn't in Jan' s second post. I'll try again and then I guess I will have to bother Rita. She's so busy. I have candida and leaky gut as well as some autoimmune disorders so your earlier post caught my attention. I love this forum. You peeps are great![/size]

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2013, 03:35:48 AM »
Suz.....I didn't get a message but did see your post regarding Dr. Keech's missing link.....go to the transcript thread and scroll down to #4. I reposted three links (his is one of them)......if that doesn't work, message me your email and I'll forward any transcripts you cannot get here. 

I agree with Barbara that colostrum could be a powerful tool for assisting the healing of leaky gut syndrome and it probably takes much longer than we think to correct. Bone broth, fermented veggies (which I've started doing with success!), and a quality probiotic are all helpful in that regard as well.

Aside from Dr. Keech's info, the GS opened up a few more avenues of conversation.......cross-reactivity......molecular mimicry......memory B cells, etc that I want to explore but have been crazy busy the past few weeks and no time to do so. Shipping out tomorrow for NY and while I look forward to seeing the kids, I'm not looking forward to cold weather one bit! Brrrrrrr......

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2013, 04:53:51 AM »
Good Morning Jan,

Yes, it is below freezing and very windy.  As the years go by, I am less able to "adjust" easily to dramatic weather changes.  Whether it was the colostrum (doubled up servings for 5 days) that changed my usual reaction or just the continued WB WOE, I don't know for sure, but I think the colostrum gave me an edge.  I've had sinusitis for many years and sneeze when there is a temperature, pressure or sunlight change. It will be interesting for you to note if there is any change in your reaction to the dramatic change  to cold weather.

All the other discussions you listed are equally fascinating and worth exploring in figuring out how our bodies work.  The importance of
clean food from healthy animals and soil, probiotics, fermented foods, bone broths cannot be emphasized enough.  This colostrum is supposed to be manufactured in an absorbable skin cream as well as the pills and throat spray. It was highly prized in most cultures of the world throughout history.  I just can't remember why Europeans didn't use it, but it was something to do with money of course, and not any health reason.  I'm seeing organic, not to be heated, fermented foods in stores too.  No commercial bone broth yet.
Things are really changing.  The cell mimicry, memory B cells and cross-reactivity are the reasons why we have reactions, sometimes prolonged, when feeding our body the noxious substances varying companies are pawning off as food. 

Enjoy your holiday! And a very safe trip.

Namaste,
Barbara
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:25:08 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

LibbyMe

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2013, 09:45:05 AM »

My grandfather died from ALS, also in his 60s. There can be a genetic component. There was someone else in his family.
If you take a larg number of people who eat gluten free since a very young age, and if there is no one who got ALS at older age, it can be a sign.

My son in law has muscular dystrophy (not to be confused with M.S. which happens ALL the time).  There are over 40 varieties or types of MD....with ALS being one of them.  I'd never heard of the nutrition link to this disease.  I think it's a genetic (in the genes...something one is born with) kind of illness and not triggered by foods.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 11:35:44 AM »
Suz, did you get Dr. Keech's transcript? It's

http://theglutensummittranscripts.s3.amazonaws.com/Dr_Andrew_Keech.pdf

That's the one from Jan's second post...the link that works.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 04:43:52 PM »
Thanks Barbara!
I sent Suz the transcripts...and would be happy to do send others if need be...it's such wonderful information and I'd hate for anyone to be without it!

Hope everyone has a happy, wheat-free Thanksgiving! It's especially thankful for us this year as my husband's oldest grandson is getting married the day after (next Friday) in Philly......and 'moi' is officiating the ceremony.....I've done seven ceremonies and they're all still married so I have a decent track record!

Have a wonderful holiday!
Jan

Bea

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 09:13:27 PM »
Today after receiving an email from Tom O'Bryan regarding the pre-reading for his next Webinar I looked for each of the 5 talks he set. However, I could not find the pdf file for: "Before Marsh III: Why the Early Stages of Celiac Disease Must be Taken Seriously" by Michael Marsh, MD, DSc, FRCP

Barbara, I've re-checked this thread and could not find it. I wonder if you could post the pdf file here? I'd really appreciate it.

BTW I really learned so much more today from re-reading Aristo Vojdani's interview on testing. These papers are an invaluable resource. Thankyou again for posting them.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »

Sponsored Links