This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: colostrum  (Read 8551 times)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
colostrum
« on: November 21, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
I finished reading Dr. Keech's lecture on The Gluten Summit.  He makes a rather compelling argument for taking colostrum as a supplement if you have any auto-immune problems.  This helps to calm down an overly active immune system, heals the leaky gut, diminishes inflammation and lots more.  I was wondering if anyone has actually tried this and what your results were?

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: colostrum
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 03:50:45 PM »
Well.....my husband read Andrew Keech's transcript before I did and he was online ordering it before I even had a chance to read it. Prior to the GS, I had read Dr. Keech's website and was intrigued....in fact I remember posting to either Bill or Randal that colostrum was used by Olympic athletes. At any rate, ours arrived several days ago and we've been using it for maybe 5 days so I can't really tell yet if I have had any significant results. On the other hand, today we had lunch with several of my husband's tennis cronies and they all asked me what I've been feeding him because he's been a dynamo on the courts this year! And let me tell ya.....my dancer pose never looked beter!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 03:47:56 PM »
I finally just now read Dr. Keech's transcript from the summit. So, those of you who are taking it:

1. What kind (brand) are you taking and do you have a link you can post?
2. Are you taking the powder?
3. Are you using the peptide spray?
4. Do you continue taking probiotics while taking colostrum?
5.  Results so far?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 05:30:45 PM by deanna in AR »

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »
I finally just now read Dr. Keech's transcript from the summit. So, those of you who are taking it:

1. What kind (brand) are you taking and do you have a link you can post?
2. Are you taking the powder?
3. Are you using the peptide spray?
4. Do you continue taking probiotics while taking colostrum?
5.  Results so far?

Deanna,

I started taking Colostrum Tuesday evening of Thanksgiving week. I learned from Barbara in New Jersey that you take it for 6 weeks then can drop back to a Maintenance dose if desired. For 3 weeks, I took the NOW brand from Amazon www.amazon.com/NOW-Foods-Colostrum-500mg-Capsules/dp/B0013OQJNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388277478&sr=8-1&keywords=Now+colostrum This last week, I began taking the Symbiotics brand http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CEOK9Q/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both brands are Capsule form. I take 2 caps three times per day. I was diagnosed with IBS in either Late August or early September. I still regularly have soft elimination, but the urgency has reduced and the number of eliminations per day has also gone down. I definitely feel better and more relaxed emotionally using this. I am absolutely still taking 50 Billion Probiotics everyday while doing the Colostrum course. Elimination was more formed and solid on the NOW brand than it has been with the Symbiotics this week. I don't know if that means there more of a Toxins elimination or just getting used to another brand. I'm hoping the next 2 weeks will be more solid. 

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 04:28:30 AM »
Hi All,

I am nearing the end of my 6 weeks of taking colostrum.  The results are wonderful!  My problem is swollen sinuses.  Removing grains and sugars have helped reduce the inflammation tremendously. Even after a year, I still feel some swelling in my upper forehead.   I no longer need Advil for those miserable constant sinus headaches. The colostrum and peptide spray is speeding this healing process along.

I started with Symbiotics Colostrum Plus brand while I ordered Dr. Keech's brand Nutrawellness from Physcians Preference (120 pills, 2.5 oz. spray) for about $100 because that was the only site I could find with his product. I noticed the difference immediately.  The product seemed stronger and my nose started running (healing crisis) for a day or so and I used the saline solution sprays for moisture much less as time went on.  I could even turn on the heat in the car without causing a dry nose headache. 

I wrote to Dr. Keech about a more affordable private label brand he provisions with his product.  He referred me to iherb.com and the California Gold Nutrition Concentrated Colostrum brand.  iherb.com is having a special right now and the large size products are incredibly less expensive for double the amount!  Use friends and family coupon code FGR304 for an additional discount.  Free shipping too.  The peptide spray of both brands tastes exactly the same as far as I can tell.

It is this peptide spray that really helps rebalance your immune system's response.  Dr. Keech's research showed that the proline-rich polypeptides are one of the most important components and the mouth spray provides an easily absorbable way to get more of these "signaling" peptides. 

I take the pills and spray right now.  After the holidays, I will start to use the powder which tastes like malted milk to me.  The pills are more convenient to me right now with a house full of company.

My thinking is to take the 6 pills, 3 sprays until I feel the sinus swelling is completely gone and then go on a maintenance dose. 
It is also important to remember that any intake of grains or allergens will cause your body to go into high immune system alert which defeats the purpose of taking the colostrum/spray until the allergen clears your system (which could be days or weeks).

Also, stamina, wrinkles from weight loss (30 lbs. over a year), and shape changes from improved muscle tone are just some of the noticeable improvements from taking this product.           
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:41:17 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 07:26:22 AM »
Thanks scrupulous & Barbara for the detailed info.

mosey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, 07:42:12 AM »
Dh & I have been taking Symbiotics Colostrum Plus for about 3 weeks, 1pill 2x/day, to increase soon. We notice a big difference, easier & more solid elimination, more energy, sinus a bit better, hand swelling reduced. Does the addition of the spray really increase effectiveness? We both suffer from sinus problems. DH wondered if the estrogen would be harmful to him & I had no answer other than it did not hurt him when it came from his mamma.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 09:05:23 AM »
Mosey,

There isn't any problem with estrogen.  Your dh should not be concerned.

The peptide spray is MOST important in my opinion.  Dr. Keech developed this as an enhanced way to help your immune system calm dawn and rebalance itself instead of over-reacting and causing all these auto-immune (inflammatory) responses like inflamed sinuses, arthritis and IBS types of conditions.  This spray is readily absorbed and helps to seal the leaky gut cells and other problems. The spray
will then help maintain the proper immune response.  No other manufacturer of colostrum has this spray.

Please Google "Dr. Andrew Keech" or his company absbiogroup.com for more information.  I really believe this product has helped me markedly. 

By the way, I am just finishing my second bottle of VSL#3.  I will stop taking this and see if there are any changes.   
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:09:20 AM by Barbara from New Jersey »

mosey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 01:34:02 PM »
Thanks Barbra, I printed out the Dr. Keech Gluten Summit interview for DH to read & I'll look into the spray.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 03:35:31 PM »
Is anyone still taking colostrum? If so, what kind? Did you have good long term results?

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 05:16:15 AM »
Good morning Deanna,

I have joined a "club" through Farmmatch.com and found an out of state Amish dairy farmer who will deliver raw dairy products to a nearby home.  He will sell colostrum when available.  I add this to his yogurt or kefir.  Excellent! 

There certainly is a difference in the effect of using the dried powder and fresh, raw dairy.  I've only been using these products for about a month or so.  While it is too soon to be absolutely sure, I think my digestion is better, I sleep better and I feel calmer.  I take fewer digestive enzymes to help digest the same foods.  My sleep is more restful.  Boiling the diary products kills the beneficial nutrients. Cleanliness and refrigeration are what is important.  Big Ag Dairy uses CAFO methods.  The small farmers use time tested natural methods.   Bottom line is that I think fresh colostrum is synergistic with this lifestyle and very nutritious for all of us, especially as we age.

The answer to your question is YES!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 05:16:15 AM »

Sponsored Links