This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: New clothes  (Read 3887 times)

Lila

• View Profile
New clothes
« on: November 22, 2013, 07:20:12 AM »
Well, I feel like I have new clothes!  Today I put on a blouse that I haven't been able to button for 4 years!  Looking forward to trying on holiday clothes that I bought over the years and never really got to wear.

Have lost 14 lbs since August 23, and 24 since the end of June.  Making some progress!! 

Long way to go though....

arlin

• View Profile
Re: New clothes
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 07:36:18 AM »
Congratulations Lila!! I know how good this feels. I'm so happy for you that the weight is finally starting to come off enough for you to see and feel the results. You've been waiting for this :) You go and enjoy all those "new" clothes!

I've been at this for nearly 8 months and I'm down about 30 pounds total but the inches have been melting away too. There were times when I stalled that I thought...this is the total I'm ever going to lose...then it would just start up again and I'd lose some more. We have to be patient don't we? (and patience is not one of my virtues LOL) But I'm getting better at it.

Happy to hear your good news Lila.

HungryinTN

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 07:37:31 AM »
That's wonderful!  I have a hard time not wanting it to happen faster, too, but I take heart knowing that it won't reverse as long as I stay the course, and the course is an easy one to stay on!  I've been stuck around the 30 loss lb mark for a little while(started mid-June; been stuck for about a month), but edging down by tenths of pounds and quarters of inches.  And in the past couple of weeks I've stopped craving Mexican food.  Now when I even think about it it makes me feel ill.  Just not appealing anymore at all. 

And before anyone scolds me for using the scale - I attach no personal value to it.  It's just data.  Nothing more.  I love using statistics when I write history, and this is really no different.  It's just a statistic that helps me understand my body and how it reacts to things - the consequences of my actions - a little better.   :)

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 08:04:58 AM »
Lila and Hungry,

While it may seem slow to both of you, you are losing the weight at a sensible rate.  That is very good.   :)   On average, about 4-5-6 lbs. per month is normal.  There will be fluctuations and plateau's which I'm finding out are normal too.  When you think back to how you were a year ago at holiday time, you will be thrilled with the progress.  Imagine what you will be experiencing a year from now with 50+ lbs. off !!!  Think of your upward health spiral and how much better you will be feeling. 

Whenever I get discouraged or some holiday treat is handed to me, I politely decline or I take one and then walk away so I can place it in the nearest trash can or flush it down the toilet.  Just the memory of how miserable I felt a year ago keeps me from eating something just to be polite or because it looks tempting.  The fact that more clothes are fitting me now also spurs me on.   

Linda R

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 08:15:43 AM »

And before anyone scolds me for using the scale - I attach no personal value to it.  It's just data.  Nothing more.  I love using statistics when I write history, and this is really no different.  It's just a statistic that helps me understand my body and how it reacts to things - the consequences of my actions - a little better.   :)

I applaud you for adopting that kind of attitude regarding the scale.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to let go of my life long habit of attaching far too much significance to the number on that damn piece of equipment and allowing it to affect my entire day and mood.

After starting the LCHF WOE back in July of 2008, I was on the scale constantly and never did reach that magic number that I had hoped for, but, the inches definitely changed and at this point, I go by the fit of my size 10 Levis, and those are not pull up, elastic waist jeans but the real jeans with a waistband and a zipper! If they fit, I'm good to go and I don't care what the scales indicate!

I have "buried" my scale in the far reaches of my closet and that is where it will stay!!!! :) :) :)

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »
Prior to WB, I spent two years accumulating a nice collection of suits for work. I had them tailored and everything.

A couple months ago, I loosened my belt after work, and my pants dropped to my ankles like some cartoon; I hadn't unbuckled the pants or anything.

I'm going to have to drop a decent chunk of change to get all my pants and jackets tailored again. A bad fitting suit looks cheap.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 09:17:17 AM »
Nice problem to have, Randal, good for you.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »
Randal,

What a wonderful gift you have given yourself!  Clothes that fit well are important.  At least a tailor costs a great deal less than 
a doctor and a bunch of tests.  The terrific part is that you are confident enough in your new way of eating to have the suits tailored!
Nice.   :)

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 10:09:10 AM »
One of my new year's thoughts (I refrain from making resolutions) is to start looking for more dresses/skirts to wear. I almost exclusively wear pants, which now are getting too large and I'm not buying any more until I'm down a size or two. This morning I pulled out of the closes two of the dresses I've kept for years, even though they didn't fit anymore, because I really like them.

They fit beautifully with room to spare!  Yay!! 

Now to find some tights and "something other than mules" shoes that won't hurt my bunion.

This year may be the bunion surgery year if I can lose 50 pounds more.

Yay again!!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »
congrats Lila! I love finding clothes that are new again !

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 12:59:01 PM »
Lila,

That is just wonderful!  I'm enjoying wearing some favorites that were just too tight last year.   :D   
I bet your bunion will hurt less and less as you take off more weight.  My friend found that she was able to manage without the surgery once she lost all the excess weight she put on about 100 lbs! 

HungryinTN

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 10:08:53 PM »
Speaking of new clothes, my parents go way overboard on Christmas gifts considering my sister and I are both in our thirties (I think I was 19 before they stopped doing "Santa Claus," and I'm the youngest...), but it's where most of my wardrobe comes from, so thank goodness for it.  Last year I was virtually in tears trying to get into the 16s and 18s my mother had bought for me (while my older sister got size 6 and 8).  This year I was sliding right into a comfy pair of size 14 dress pants from Anthropologie, one of my favorite "skinny" brands.  I also invested in a cheap pair of 14 jeans since all of my old ones are falling off.  According to my parents' scale, I've lost 39 pounds since right before I started, with no sign of stopping!  Maybe by next Christmas I'll be the same size as my sister and we can just trade off what we don't like... :)

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 09:22:36 AM »
Congrats to everyone, you are all so inspiring.  New clothes: what fun!

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 10:52:07 AM »
Wow! So happy for all of you! Congrats and happy, healthy, prosperous new year to y'all!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 02:25:38 PM »
Lila, Congratulations on your new fitting clothes! So happy to see some progress for you in this area. Keep up the great work!

-Bailey

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 02:25:38 PM »

Sponsored Links