This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Sprouting legumes?  (Read 1035 times)

HungryinTN

Sprouting legumes?
« on: November 24, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »
My mother's doctor is still allowing her to eat legumes, which I find a little questionable considering the lectins and phytates and my mother's malabsorbtion issues, but I'm not going to fight her on it because it's just about all she has left.  Now she's eating hummus all.the.time.  And not homemade hummus made from sprouted chick peas, but the store-bought stuff that is full of god-knows-what.  I would like to sprout some beans for her while I'm down there for Christmas, and hopefully do enough to leave them with a supply that will last a while.  Does anyone have any experience with bean sprouting?  Any advice? 

Thanks

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Sprouting legumes?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »
I just finished doing my first soak and dehydrate of pumpkin seeds and cashews.    I soaked for 30 hours, at which point all this bubbly stinky water bubbled right over the pan.   That's when I rinsed

I then put parchment paper on an oven pan, and set my oven to lowest temp.   That was 170 degrees for me.   I think 160 is supposed to be better.     I had it in the oven for about 12 hours.

I'm not sure how long it would have taken to sprout.

The taste is different.   

I'm not sure if I did it right.   I want to do more research.   I'm also looking at the different dehydrators on amazon, as I really do want a lower temp dehydration option.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »
I have made hummus with soaked chickpeas, and it was good but I don't know if raw/sprouted legumes are still allowed on the WF WOE though.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »

Sponsored Links