This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: My morning!!!  (Read 3325 times)

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
My morning!!!
« on: April 24, 2013, 01:08:25 PM »
This is soooooo off topic but had to share!  This morning, during our yoga class at the beach, a boatload of 14 Cuban refugees came ashore.....and kissed the ground! They spent 30 hours in a small dingy, with a small motor.....they're all in good physical condition....and while waiting for all the regulatory agencies to arrive, we were able to share in the joy of the moment....life altering experience!  Pictures tomorrow in the Key West Citizen!

On another note, we're taking off for our 3 day trek north in a few days.  I'm packing nuts, seeds, some WBC energy bars, and am thinking of making the WBC carrot muffins......would they be a good car snack?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: My morning!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 01:53:49 PM »
That must have been an amazing moment to watch!

You should start a thread about strategies when heading out of town.  I have a tradeshow I'm going to in June, so I'll need those tips as well!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 02:22:28 PM »
Rita,
Thanks.....it was truly a life altering experience and I've been high on life all day!

Have you made the carrot muffins and if so, are they crumbly?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 03:29:55 PM »
Haven't made them.  Is that the recipe on page 238 in WBCB?

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 03:39:55 PM »
I think so but my book isn't in front of me......anyone made these and if so, are they crumbly?

Mistyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 04:41:01 PM »
Hi Jan in Key West
I made those muffins. Not crumbly and quite tasty except maybe next time I would add a little sweetener( didn't add any) with the applesauce as they were a little bland. My favorite is the Banana Blueberry muffins...yum!! Both would be a good car snack.

Janet389

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 06:58:52 PM »
Jan,

I would say the same thing about the carrott muffins.  They need to be a little sweeter.  I added a little Truvia, but that still wasn't enough to keep them from being a little bland.  My favorite is also the blueberry/banana muffin recipe that is in the back of the WB book.  I make a batch of them almost every week!  I even made them using zucchini instead of blueberries last week for a women's meeting at church.  I made them as mini muffins.  The women couldn't believe they wer grain and sugar free.  Mini muffins are great to take as a snack when you travel.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 05:50:54 AM »
Thanks! Good idea regarding adding the stevia......and also mini muffins would be more car friendly!

Neicee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 02:34:38 PM »
Jan, or you could pay close to $5 ea. as we once did on a road trip.  The only food for miles was a McD's....I asked the lady at the counter if I could order just two scrambled eggs and two pieces of bacon?  She said sure and the bill came to $10 including the coffee for my hubby and me.  I had to know why and she said they took the pancakes and hashbrowns off the large breakfast but had to charge the same!  All I could do was laugh.  Haven't been to one of their abodes since.  Also, cheese keeps very well in a cold container, as do some fruits and cut veggies.  Have a great trip.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 02:47:23 PM »
I know Neicee....I'm not concerned about dinners since you can usually order some kind of meat and veggies....we stay in the same hotels and they both have decent restaurants close by.  Breakfast and lunch is another matter so have a cooler loaded with chicken salad, Maria E's sub rolls for sandwiches, carrot muffins (not bad with added sweetener!), kale chips, nuts and seeds, hard boiled eggs, celery and peanut butter, pepper slices, sliced cheeses, olives.....cleaned out the fridge. Leaving tomorrow morning for a three day journey into cold weather! Leaving LaLaLand and going out into the real world! yikes!  But I think I've pack Ed more food that we could eat in a week!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 07:04:49 PM »
Jan, sounds yummy. I'm going with you!!!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 07:04:49 PM »

Sponsored Links