This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Weather  (Read 16093 times)

Linda R

Re: Weather
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »
So, today we have snow blizzards, rain, fog, ice, sleet, 60+ mph winds, white-out conditions, thunderstorms, hail, graupel, and thunder snow!

Welcome to Iowa..................................
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:07:56 AM by Linda R »

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »
I feel guilty sitting here in FL complaining about the heat.  You folks are really having some weather up there.

mosey

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2014, 07:00:51 AM »
What is grauppel? I thought I had heard it all.

Linda R

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2014, 07:26:11 AM »
What is grauppel? I thought I had heard it all.

Per Wikipedia...............

also called soft hail or snow pellets)[1] refers to precipitation that forms when supercooled droplets of water are collected and freeze on a falling snowflake, forming a 25 mm (0.0790.197 in) ball of rime. Strictly speaking, graupel is not the same as hail or ice pellets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graupel

This morning, abundant sunshine, birds are singing, forecast calls for temps in the upper 30's to lower 40's, gorgeous. Time to get the shovel out and clean off my deck, again! Or let the sun take care of it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 07:28:27 AM by Linda R »

HungryinTN

« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2014, 08:13:31 AM »
Well, it's officially tornado system.  At least eighteen fatalities out there so far.  I hope everyone in the line of the storm system is hunkered down! Y'all take care! 

Linda R

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2014, 08:39:27 AM »
Well, it's officially tornado system.  At least eighteen fatalities out there so far.  I hope everyone in the line of the storm system is hunkered down! Y'all take care!

Yup, it is that time of year I always dread.
I was "packed up" and ready to go all day Sunday, the tornado and severe wind speed predictions for Des Moines were very high.
I live in a mobile home. I've seen enough photos of the damage and chaos left behind when those twisters go through and I DO NOT want to be in my home if and when they come in my direction.

We did have a few mild tornadoes hit Iowa on Sunday, no fatalities I believe.

Arkansas seem to be hit the worst this time.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2014, 07:02:07 AM »
We're fine in SE Arkansas. We just had thunderstorms...so thankful.

HungryinTN

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:58 AM »
The storm practically evaporated before it reached us here in Middle Tennessee, and for that I am very thankful, as one of my dearest friends went into the hospital that night for an inducement at 42 weeks! 

richard88

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2014, 06:11:48 PM »
Hot and muggy...exactly why I left onterrible.

Linda R

« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2014, 01:56:38 PM »
We experienced some really scary weather yesterday in the heartland.

Here is a link to the Nebraska tornadoes.
These videos take your breath away and make you realize how awesome and powerful Mother Nature can be when she has a bad day!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2014/06/17/the-double-tornado-that-slammed-nebraska-last-night-was-a-rare-and-horrifying-sight/

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »
I was wondering about everyone after the Nebraska tornadoes swept through. Do we have anyone in Nebraska?

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2014, 02:11:11 PM »

Sponsored Links