This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Bacon Bowl  (Read 1936 times)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Bacon Bowl
« on: December 07, 2013, 09:33:25 AM »
Has anybody seen this advertised on TV? Looks good.

VibeRadiant

Re: Bacon Bowl
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:37:19 AM »
Why not use a muffin tin, turned upside down? Wrap a strip of bacon around it, secure with a toothpick and bake until crispy?

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:42:39 AM »
I make small bacon bowls using two muffin tins.....spray the bottoms of one, wrap bacon around the outside.....then cover with another (sprayed on the inside) tin to secure, put on baking sheet and bake. When done, I add chopped lettuce, tomatoes and a dollop of homemade mayo and it serves as our BLT.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 06:42:57 AM »
I'm trying to make some bacon bowls now. Not sure they are working out well. I don't have muffin tins so I'm using small pyrex dishes. I think the two muffin tin idea is better--I'm seeing the bacon shrink and the "bowl" is going to fall apart. But it will be good, nonetheless.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 12:42:11 PM »
Lila,
How did the bacon bowls turn out? Forgot to mention that once I put the top muffin tin over the bottom one, I put an iron meat weight on top when I bake them so that they stay tight and together. I usually lattice the bacon around the tins.....and once cooked, they can be uused ffor a multitude of things although my favorite is a BLT. p.s. they don't freeze well....bacon gets chewy.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 01:38:59 PM »
Not well,Jan, so we just had bacon & eggs. Didn't stay together. I think the muffin tin with weight would work perfectly.

How many slices do you use, and do you keep the slices whole or halve them?

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »
Lila, This is where I first got the idea..... http://www.wikihow.com/Image:Make-Bacon-Cups-Step-4.jpg

After trying different ways, I found that using an additional muffin tin and weighing it down worked better and they turned out tighter....I usually cut my bacon in half lengthwise and begin weaving it....using 4 to 5 slices per cup, depending on the size of the muffin tins. We use t hem for all kinds of stuff but my favorite is the BLT.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 02:08:15 PM »

Sponsored Links