This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Gluten impacts Vitamin D  (Read 2155 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Gluten impacts Vitamin D
« on: December 18, 2013, 12:25:22 PM »
Just learned today that gluten depletes vitamin D stores and blocks vitamin D from entering cells.   

I wasn't aware of that before.

Yet another reason not to eat wheat.

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
Re: Gluten impacts Vitamin D
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 12:49:36 PM »
Rita,

Thanks for the heads-up! I Googled" gluten depletes vitamin D and found this article by Dr. Perlmutter on Mercola's site.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/09/29/dr-perlmutter-gluten.aspx

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 04:20:55 PM »
Rita, thanks for posting! I've always been a follower of Mercola's site and have learned a great deal from him over the years.....but I always thought it was odd that he has never mentioned Dr. Davis and the wheat belly phenomena.  I once wrote him an email regarding the wheat belly message but he never   answered me.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
Scrupulous....YES, I was thrilled! I've been using coconut oil after I brush at least 4 times per week.....maybe more.  I keep it in my mouth and swish as long as I can stand it, then I spit it out. My dental hygienist said the difference is remarkable and my dentist charted the improvements.....this s**t works!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:38:04 AM »
While exploring the Mercola website, I came across one called Delicious Obsessions.  This site has many recipes for non dairy, coconut desserts that look terrific,  although I haven't tried them yet.  This site has many other dishes too and seems well worth the time exploring to see if there is any to your liking.  Lemon-lime coconut creme truffles anyone?

Loekie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 03:11:42 AM »
Scrupulous....YES, I was thrilled! I've been using coconut oil after I brush at least 4 times per week.....maybe more.  I keep it in my mouth and swish as long as I can stand it, then I spit it out. My dental hygienist said the difference is remarkable and my dentist charted the improvements.....this s**t works!

Coconut oil?
Wheat free since february 2012

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 05:35:19 AM »
Scrupulous,
Yes, coconut oil.....either on this site or the WBB, someone wrote a post regarding 'oil pulling', which is using coconut oil as a mouthrinse....swishing it around for as long as you can stand it and then spitting it out. I have to admit that it took me several attempts before I got used to it, but now it doesn't bother me and my dental exams have been positive.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »
It was hungryinTN who posted it. I've been doing it nightly.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »

Sponsored Links