This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Mushroom Burger Scramble  (Read 5371 times)

Linda R

Mushroom Burger Scramble
« on: December 30, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »
I just finished baking Linda's latest creation, thought I would share it. I used all organic ingredients, and did some slight tweaking. I have always liked mushrooms and when I saw organic Baby Bellas at the store last week-end, I grabbed them.
It isn't the most glamorous looking dish, but it sure is tasty. Linda uses cream cheese and heavy cream for her sauces, so good.

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mushroom_burger_scramble.html

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:29:06 AM by Linda R »

Lila

• View Profile
Re: Mushroom Burger Scramble
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »
This sounds great.  I will use spinach AND mushrooms! That will be our New Year's Eve dinner (and I'll put it in two dishes, freeze one for later).
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 11:22:43 AM by Lila »

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 11:39:47 AM »
May not be glamorous but it sure looks good!! You just made me hungry in the middle of the day...shame on you ;) LOL

Linda R

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 11:41:24 AM »
May not be glamorous but it sure looks good!! You just made me hungry in the middle of the day...shame on you ;) LOL

Sorry :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 01:43:52 PM »
LOL No worries. It's going on my menu for next week!!

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 09:26:03 AM »
This sounds delicious...gonna try it! Thanks.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
Linda,
This looks great and will try it soon! I'm thinking that you could substitute sour cream for the cream cheese if you wanted to make a beef stroganoff type meal.....maybe over shirataki fettucini? Do you have alink to her website? Merci'

Linda R

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »
Linda,
This looks great and will try it soon! I'm thinking that you could substitute sour cream for the cream cheese if you wanted to make a beef stroganoff type meal.....maybe over shirataki fettucini? Do you have alink to her website? Merci'

Here you go Jan
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 05:10:44 PM »
OMG, I made this tonight with spinach and baby portabella mushrooms. Delicious!

It also brought back some wonderful memories for us. In our younger days (the days when I was not adverse to riding on the back of a motorcycle and camping by sleeping on the ground), we would always go to the local grocery store and buy a pound of ground beef, an onion, and a can of cream of mushroom soup. We had a great time reminiscing about all the great trips we had while we savored the wonderful flavors.

While this mushroom burger scramble is infinitely better, it brought back lots of fun times we had, so it was a double treat!

Happy New Year, y'all!

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »
Hi Lila,

I remember those meals made with canned soups!  The memories!  That age of innocence when we trusted our food companies to make healthy but time saving products…. oh my.  I never really liked the taste of most of them, but canned items were commonplace
in most home pantries. 

How our pantries have changed!

Linda R

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 10:19:58 AM »
Hi Lila,

I remember those meals made with canned soups! The memories!  That age of innocence when we trusted our food companies to make healthy but time saving products…. oh my.  I never really liked the taste of most of them, but canned items were commonplace
in most home pantries. 

How our pantries have changed!

You and me both Barbara!
My pantry was always loaded with Campbell's soups, plus the other staple, Onion Soup Mix. Seems like I used the Cream of Mushroom soup in everything, just as my mother did when I was growing up on the farm.

Now when I make my own creamy soups, I notice I am not getting that odd aftertaste that used to be there in the canned stuff.

Linda has created a delicious creamy broccoli soup, I've made it several times, really good and simple. I'll post if anyone is interested.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 11:03:05 AM »

Linda has created a delicious creamy broccoli soup, I've made it several times, really good and simple. I'll post if anyone is interested.

ME! My favorite kind of soup. Used to make it in the past, but I'm sure I wasn't being careful with the ingredients back then so I'd love to have a new way of making it. Thanks Linda. I'm all for soup recipes with this cold winter we're having! So comforting. Amazing how something like home-made soup is now my new "comfort food". Used to be mac and cheese  :o

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 04:22:21 AM »
Linda,
Thanks for posting this site......I love recipes with assigned nutritional values!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 05:36:43 AM »
I made something similar last night. I used Free From ground beef (Loblaws line of meats that are free from antibiotics, and other bad stuff) and it cost $9 a pond!!
In the spring I plan on byuing a share in a local grass fed cow.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 07:13:48 AM »
I'm thinking of buying part of a pastured cow too. Investigating options around ATL.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 07:13:48 AM »

Sponsored Links