This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Roasted Veggies  (Read 980 times)

Linda R

Roasted Veggies
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »
So why did I wait so long?

For too many years I steamed or boiled my frozen or fresh veggies, then, sadly, using some disgusting butter replacement such as "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter" on those poor veggies. Other times I opened a can of veggies and ate them, not realizing how the materials in the can itself were unhealthy.

My daughter, who is not a veggie lover, has talked about how much she now enjoys asparagus grilled by her DH. I started looking into roasting and saw how really easy it is. So I tried some baby carrots and cauliflower the other day, and OMG, how delicious!
Today I roasted a bag of fresh organic broccoli, after dumping it into a bowl with seasoned salt and olive oil. It is amazing to me how different these veggies taste when subjected to the high heat of the oven!
I definitely have a new favorite way of cooking my veggies!! :) :) :)

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Roasted Veggies
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
It's also my favorite way of cooking veggies. Try some Parmesan cheese sprinkled over your next broccoli (if you're not off dairy). And if you eat root veggies, try turnips mixed w/ salt & pepper & butter...soooo good.

Linda R

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 12:40:56 PM »
It's also my favorite way of cooking veggies. Try some Parmesan cheese sprinkled over your next broccoli (if you're not off dairy). And if you eat root veggies, try turnips mixed w/ salt & pepper & butter...soooo good.

Those suggestions sound really good!
Love parmesan cheese, and my local food coop has been offering turnips, never thought about roasting them, but I think I might just give them a try as well........................

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »
They're almost my fave...except for yellow squash and onions w/ S&P & butter.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 12:44:27 PM »

Sponsored Links