This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Stinker!  (Read 4478 times)

Lila

• View Profile
Stinker!
« on: January 01, 2014, 08:02:58 AM »
You all will enjoy this--this morning I made my bulletproof coffee. I put my cup on the counter to go over to get my little frother and came back to find my little kitty's head down in my big coffee mug, licking the oil off the top of my coffee.

So we shared today.

Barbara from New Jersey

• View Profile
Re: Stinker!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
Too funny Lila!!!

Your cat sure knows what is good!!!

Happy New Year to you and your dh and even your cat.  All the gains you have made with this WOE will keep multiplying the longer you continue, even with a celebratory drink or two!   :)

Linda R

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 08:40:08 AM »
You all will enjoy this--this morning I made my bulletproof coffee. I put my cup on the counter to go over to get my little frother and came back to find my little kitty's head down in my big coffee mug, licking the oil off the top of my coffee.

So we shared today.

Gorgeous cat...............part siamese, snowshoe?

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 10:06:59 AM »
Linda is right, your cat is gorgeous and too funny.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 11:06:14 AM »
You just can't trust those little furry friends for a second can you?  ;) That's a cute story. And so nice of you share! LOL Pretty kitty :)

VibeRadiant

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 12:05:38 PM »
one of my kitties loves coconut oil, very cute indeed.

Randal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »
Animals are smart; they instinctively know what's good for them.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 03:51:09 PM »
Well, my big boy doesn't seem to instinctively know and it is my fault. He loves dairy but his tummy absolutely doesn't. He will eat anything in sight and weighs 18-19 lbs. He, like me, doesn't lose weight (at least not easily). He is also sensitive to most proteins found in the premium canned food. So we keep him on the dry food he likes and we're sorry he probably won't be with us nearly as long as our kitty that he took the place of 8 years ago (she was a rescue and had been with us 22 years).

He is the reason I learned about Wheat Belly--I was researching cat food and learned how bad the grain and by-product based dry convenience food is. One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was reading about grains and people.

He is a Katrina rescue full siamese (dark seal point). The little one who shared my coffee is also a rescue and she is a siamese mix, vet said tortoise shell. She weighs only 6 pounds and knows what to eat and how much.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:17:56 PM by Lila »

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 05:11:03 PM »
Such beautiful coloring.

mosey

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 07:28:04 AM »
Speaking of how good WOE is for our pets too, We have a Barn Cat, named Kitty Kitty. We are both allergic to cat dander so he can't come in the house. He moved into our barn last fall & suddenly all our nasty critters were gone! No more moles, voles & this is the first year I have not been plagued with mice. I wanted Kitty Kitty to make it through the very cold winter, so I started feeding him, Bone Broth, bacon fat & left overs. Every day he greets me @ the barn door for his lunch & now has a nice jelly belly to get him through the winter. In spring I'll keep up the bone broth but let him eat critters.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 08:26:08 AM »
He knows a good thing when he has one. Nothing like free range,  pastured mice and moles. Lol.

Lynda (Fl)

• Wheat-free for 4 years
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 08:56:16 AM »
Free range, pastured mice!  Vibe, you are too funny.

Linda R

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 10:14:14 AM »
Speaking of how good WOE is for our pets too, We have a Barn Cat, named Kitty Kitty. We are both allergic to cat dander so he can't come in the house. He moved into our barn last fall & suddenly all our nasty critters were gone! No more moles, voles & this is the first year I have not been plagued with mice. I wanted Kitty Kitty to make it through the very cold winter, so I started feeding him, Bone Broth, bacon fat & left overs. Every day he greets me @ the barn door for his lunch & now has a nice jelly belly to get him through the winter. In spring I'll keep up the bone broth but let him eat critters.

Good suggestion.
I began feeding a stray female cat several months ago, at least, I THINK she is a stray, either that or she has totally scammed me! She is always very clean, bright eyes, shiny coat, etc. Sometimes she even refuses the leftovers I save for her. I have seen her heading for another home west of me and I really wonder if she has found a way to get under that home and find a warm spot, out of the wind.
I have thought about bringing her in, however, I don't know if she carries any contagious diseases, to my knowledge she has never seen a vet, I don't know how she would get along with my two spayed males, and she may hate being inside.
I think she may have a good scam going, with me on her regular route everyday for a meal. HA HA
So today I warmed up some bacon grease and stirred it into her dry food. She wasn't sure at first but then she dove right in.  Should help get her through this ridiculous bitter cold winter in Iowa.

VibeRadiant

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 10:53:37 AM »
Speaking if the stray cat,  you can trap her ( my local SPCA loans out traps), bring her in as a stray and they will check if 1) she has a micro chip,  2) if someone owns her they will be contacted to pick her up, 3) if she is a stray they will check her for common feline diseases, 4) if she is adoptable she will be spayed if needed and 5) be put up for adoption.
I know here they allow the person who brought in the animal to request to have first dibs on adopting her.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:01:08 PM by VibeRadiant »

mosey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 12:36:02 PM »
Free range mice??? Then why the heck were they heading for my pantry ( which last year was filled with wheat).

Initially I got Kitty Kitty to trust me by using tuna fish in oil - irresistable. After a bit I was able to pass my hand underneath & find out it was a male. Hate to be sexist but that made me feel a lot better as I don't want a litter of kittens. May try a discount spay from the shelter in the spring.

By BFF also has a barn cat who got a snootful of porcupine needles, some straight through his tongue, little guy would have died because he could not eat. She captured him & brought him to the vet. They could not get near enuf to give anesthesia so they gassed him & he was nutered at the same time. Because they were so impressed with her big heart they only charged for the spay & at a discount. That cat loves her big time now & that;s one of the reasons she is my BFF. She also tries to cook WF for me.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »
I, too, have cats.  Three of them...Alice Ann, Alfie, and Andy, all rescues.  They all LOVE coconut oil.  I just smear it on their paws once in awhile and the licking's on!  They are indoor kitties, although I've been known to let them out in the summer once in awhile.  And by the way, they seem to know instinctively which meats/fish/chicken are organic!  They won't eat the other stuff when I was eating whatever kind of meat, etc.  They all gather around now whenever I sit down to a place of something healthy.  They know these things!!!

VibeRadiant

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 05:32:07 AM »
Loane,
That's too funny.

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 07:16:47 AM »
I gave little Lucy some coconut oil this morning--she absolutely loved it (of course we knew that from our episode the other day).

Both of ours are strictly indoor cats unless we are at our cabin in the mountains where we can let them go out on the screened porch (that is elevated away from all the critters).

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 07:16:47 AM »

Sponsored Links