This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: A night out...  (Read 1224 times)

HungryinTN

A night out...
« on: January 04, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »
After three weeks at my parents' house in rural South Alabama, with grocery store clerks being the extent of my non-family social contact, I returned home yesterday and was ready to paint the town.  I went out for dinner and drinks with my fella and a friend to a couple of my old favorite spots that I haven't been to in ages (probably about twenty pounds ago).  I had a reasonable dinner (bacon wrapped shrimp with steamed broccoli) and far fewer drinks than I might have several months ago (two wines and a cider) and we had a blast.  The best part, though, was all of the compliments from everyone who hasn't seen me since this WOE. 

Progress report:   
[Starting date - June 19, 2013]
Weight - 181.6 (down from 219)
Body fat % - 38.1 (down from 48)
Dress size - 12 (down from 18)
Waist - 34 inches (down from 43 or so - it was kinda hard to figure out where my waist was then...)

And that's just the superficial stuff! I can't imagine ever wanting to go back to my old ways again.  Tonight I was tempted to stick a gluten free pizza in the oven because I was exhausted from a very busy day.  But the pizza is only there for emergencies, and I had some fresh wild sockeye salmon that needed to be cooked and tons of fresh veggies to use up, so I talked myself out of the carb-fest and had my salmon and some zucchini and it was absolutely delicious, and not nearly as hard of work as my brain was trying to make it out to be.  I am on too good of a weight loss roll to do anything to slow down now!  Can't wait to see the underside of 180!  Should be in the next week or so at this rate!

scrupulousgirl

• View Profile
Re: A night out...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 05:09:48 AM »
Hungry, Congratulations! So glad that you are doing so well! Keep up the great work you are doing. It's hard to believe how far we have come since June! I also started the same time as you, 06/22/13.

Hoping your 2014 is wonderful and knowing you'll be super healthy in the months to come!

Lila

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:44:59 AM »
Excellent!!!

jgilberAZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 08:06:50 AM »
Good Job!!
Low Carb Since April 2009.

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 08:28:10 AM »
You rock girl!

HungryinTN

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »
Thanks, y'all!  I'm feeling better and better every day and I couldn't have done it without the support of all of the wonderful folks on this forum. 

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 08:02:27 PM »

Sponsored Links