This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Corn (aka Maize, and including Teosinte)  (Read 5798 times)

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Corn (aka Maize, and including Teosinte)
« on: January 05, 2014, 01:49:53 PM »
The base article for this thread has been updated and migrated to, and is now being maintained on, the Cureality forum at:
Corn (aka Maize, and including Teosinte)

I remain a WFF user, and WFF users are welcome to continue commenting on it here, but I only want to maintain it in one place.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 08:25:59 AM by Boundless »

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
Re: Corn (aka Maize, and including Teosinte)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »
Agree. All I can say is, corn = Eww!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
The fat in corn is from the oil, which is 98% omega 6. The O6:O3 ratio is between 50:1 and 60:1 (you want 1:1). Plus, the pittance of O3 is ALA, and not the desired DHA and EPA.

That conversion from plant omega 3 ( ALA ) to DHA and EPA is something like 2%.   How many people are eating flax, and believing they are getting their omega 3's in.

So boundless…  is the main crop in your neck of the woods corn?

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 02:56:48 PM »
> ... is the main crop in your neck of the woods corn?

Field corn and sweet corn require too much water, which given the unreliable seasonal precip in KS, means irrigation, so it's not that popular.

Techo-wheat, frankensoy & milo (grain sorghum) are more common on non-irrigated ground.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
You are surrounded by some lovely crops there.  Must be scary at night. :o

Weren't you going to do a crop yourself?  As I recall you were still thinking about what to grow.

leeroy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 07:54:19 PM »
Ive always take my flax seeds alongside a good fermented fish oil. Ive read that ALA has other benefits besides omega3s, such as a lower level of environmental toxins.

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »
This post probably isn't relevant, but I grew up in Nebraska where corn and milo were grown all the time.  In the 1950s, field corn was over 10 ft, with huge ears.  It was good then, and I love corn now.  Milo (sorgham here in Idaho) is in the bird seed I scatter.  I don't eat either one anymore.  Don't miss them.  Happy with my proteins and veggies and healthy fats.  I remember reading that when I first started WB....good proteins+good veggies+healthy fats=a good meal. This was very encouraging for me.  Appreciate all the support here...if I haven't mentioned that before!!  :D

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »

Sponsored Links