This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Hello from Holland  (Read 3061 times)

Hillary

• View Profile
Hello from Holland
« on: April 26, 2013, 09:34:12 AM »
Hello all!

I'm Hillary, 22 years and live in The Netherlands. I haven't start my wheat free journey yet but I would love to try it. I avoid wheat as much as possible but I still eat oatmeal, quinoa and brown rice.
I have Crohn's disease and I want to improve my health by trying this diet. Is there anyone on this forum who has Crohn and is wheat free? Would like to know your experiences! :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Holland
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34:44 AM »
Welcome Hillary!  Leuk je te ontmoeten.  :)

Bing on this forum is also from Holland.  ( You can see our conversation here-  http://wheatfreeforum.com/index.php/topic,17.0.html  ).

I think this diet will help Crohn's disease.  On Dr. Davis's blog he  often discusses that wheat causes a leaky gut, which causes diseases like Crohns.

We look forward to supporting you and hearing how this wheat free journey works for you!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Welcome Hillary! Wishing you great success on your journey to better health.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 12:43:28 PM »
Welcome Hillary!
Good luck on your wheatless journey!  Under, Food Elements/Heirloom wheats, Boundless has a great consolidated post on the elements of wheat/legumes/oats etc......it will be a great help in answering your questions. 

Hillary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 05:36:10 AM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome :) I haven't read Dr Davis book yet but I want to buy it so I can start my wheat free journey

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 06:36:31 AM »
Sorry, misspoke.....that thread is about heirloom wheat. He has a concisely written missive on the WB blog regarding oats, quinoa, and rice.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 07:24:55 AM »
Sorry, misspoke.....that thread is about heirloom wheat. He has a concisely written missive on the WB blog regarding oats, quinoa, and rice.

Jan~ I sometimes have a hard time finding things on the blog. Could you please link me to this missive? Thank you.

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 11:30:03 AM »
I'll try Arlin.....I'm not a very accomplished commuter person but will gather some of Boundless's comments.....he's quite good at condensing topics in an understandable fashion.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 11:37:04 AM »
It's ok Jan. I appreciate your willingness, but you don't have to go to all the trouble. Do you happen to remember which discussion topic he posted it in? I could go look it up myself if I have some idea where to start searching. Thanks!!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 02:09:29 PM »
Couldn't remember where this was posted......couldn't find Boundless's missive, but did find one of Dr. D's.

http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2011/09/can-i-eat-quinoa-carb-counting-basics

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »
Thank you so much Jan. That answered some of my questions and concerns about other grains. Even though I'm not eating any grains right now, it's nice to know why it's a good thing for me to sacrifice them all. :)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 02:40:26 PM »

Sponsored Links