This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Lynnette from Arkansas  (Read 1302 times)

spryfaery

• View Profile
Lynnette from Arkansas
« on: April 26, 2013, 02:08:11 PM »
Just spent the last several minutes writing an intro; I got told I couldn't post (I had registered, but apparently hadn't logged in--new to forums). Tired of typing so will try again later if this post takes.  :'( Wheat and grain free since April 1.

Lynnette (aka spryfaery)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Re: Lynnette from Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »
Welcome Lynnette!    Congrats of being wheat free for 26 days!

I hope you do decide to post the stuff that you started with. Sorry for the hassle on that.

Here's a video on posting if it helps:  http://wheatfreeforum.com/index.php/topic,20.0.html

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »
Helloooo Lynnette!! So glad to see you here.  :D Sorry you had a problem posting the first time, but it gets easier to navigate and post once you get used to forums like this. I hope you do re-post what you had posted earlier. You know I'm wishing you the best in the days/weeks/etc to come with the changes you're making for your health!

Lynnette is my sister BTW. So glad we're taking this journey together. We've taken many in the years past, and supporting each other in our lives has always been a blessing to us both.

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »
Welcome Lynnette! You and your sister are so lucky to have one another for support!

spryfaery

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »
Well, I'm finally getting the hang of it a little. This is wonderful support. Joan, my sister and I are indeed fortunate to have each other as well.

I've been wheat free, and mostly grain free as well, since April 1st, but am just now reading the book. I am so grateful to Dr. D for putting this info out there. Are bodies are so amazing to handle this much abuse and still function on some levels. I'm wanting to learn and retain what I need to know to support it in the manner in which it was designed to thrive. So much to learn. Glad I found out now the details that will make it possible to remain grain free for now and wheat free for the duration. Diagnosed diabetic, and on medication, more or less since 2002. Looking toward the possibility that I can heal enough to come off meds altogether.

Since April, fluctuation seems to be the name of the game, but the trend is toward lower blood sugar readings and loss of several pounds. Have a ways to go, but this way of eating is already working. Was discouraged at first, 'cause I wasn't seeing the drop I'd anticipated, but I've eaten wheat all my life but for a brief respite several months ago, and then I ate a muffin or a cookie or......who knows what......and I was hooked again. Reading about pancreatic beta cell damage and destruction gave me the impetus to try again. The info from Dr. D's book and blog, and support from my sister has made all the difference to my having success again. Now this forum......well, thank you, Rita!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 04:29:40 PM »

Sponsored Links