This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: What to eat for breakfast? and dinner?  (Read 1825 times)

Hillary

• View Profile
What to eat for breakfast? and dinner?
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:55:01 AM »
Hey people!

I want to be wheat free but I don't know really what to eat for breakfast. I can't eat eggs everyday and I'm a vegetarian. I'm just looking for a breakfast receipe that's very easy. I was also wondering what you guys eat instead of rice, potatoes, pasta.

Mistyblue

• View Profile
Re: What to eat for breakfast? and dinner?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
I love eggs so usually have 1 boiled egg
and 3 egg whites mashed with a dollop
of cocoanut oil plus a cup of blueberries.
Sometimes I have 3/4 cup of plain Greek
Yogurt with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
and a tsp of honey.

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 01:12:42 PM »
Hey Hillary!

The grain-free granola from the WBC is very good. I have it with coconut or almond milk and a handful of frozen berries. Breakfast doesn't always have to look like breakfast, though: you can always have leftover soups or stews with a slice of grain-free bread or muffin.

Instead of potatoes, we have mashed cauliflower or an extra vegetable.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »
For breakfast we eat eggs pretty much every day. I switch it up with some mornings fried eggs and bacon or sausage, some mornings eggs scrambled with sautéed veggies and some mornings boiled eggs with cottage cheese or sliced avocado. We seldom eat bread substitutes or starchy substitutes (potatoes, rice, etc.) We eat meat, veggies, just a little fruit, eggs, nuts, avocados, olives, use coconut oil, olive oil, butter, lots of salads, lots of roasted veggies. And I use my crockpot quite a bit. Also make soups (veggie/beef, chicken or broccoli/cheese) and stew. A splurge for us is Mexican food or rice crackers with soup...never wheat. I know this doesn't help you much since you don't eat meat, but I thought I'd weigh in anyway :))

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 04:55:38 PM »

Sponsored Links