This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Feeling bummed  (Read 12081 times)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
Feeling bummed
« on: April 27, 2013, 07:30:05 AM »
I normally have a very difficult time losing even a pound.  My weight is very stubborn, and it just slowly creeps up each year.

Before I started this diet, I worked out about 3 times a week and took regular walks.  That's still the case now.  I work on the computer a lot, so I do sit down for a large portion of my day.

And before this diet, I was always very watchful of what I ate. Pre-wheat belly, I ate a low fat diet, lean meats, veggies, and although I wasn't much of a bread eater before, I did start my day with a whole grain cereal.

So now I've been on this diet ( starting my 9th week now ).   I do feel like I've lost some weight, but I've been afraid to stand on a scale because I know how depressing it is.   I've not cheated on the wheat belly diet at all, and haven't had any grains at all during this time.

Had a doctor's appointment yesterday which of course means a weigh in.   And... sadly, the scale says I've lost just 2 pounds!   So depressing.  I was so bummed last night that I actually ate brown rice with my dinner.

I'm really stumped why it's so hard for me to lose weight.  Did the thyroid test a few weeks ago which was TCH=2.344 , Free T3=2.89, and Free T4=1.2  It doesn't show a thyroid issue , but I bought Kelp pills and am taking that regularly also.

The only thing that I can think of is that maybe I'm still not getting eating enough fat.   I had uncured bacon and eggs the last 2 days, so I got some fat in there.  And when I think about it, I do the coconut oil.  But maybe I need to have significantly more fat.   Not sure.   I've been eating lots of nuts, which are high in fat.

The other thing is that I went to the doctor due to a pain in my left side.   He did a urinalysis, and there is microscopic blood in the urine ( something like 10 ).  Have to go back today to do another urine test.   It could mean a kidney stone or other kidney related issue, so I don't know if that can halt weight loss or impact it.   He also is putting me on antibiotics because another possibility is that it's diverticulitis.   Again, I don't know if that effects weight.   

But I'm just bummed, because my body is so stubborn and I've been so good!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:31:55 AM by Rita »

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
Re: Feeling bummed
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 11:23:15 AM »
Stow your scales in the back of the closet and get out a tape measure instead. It's probably a better indicator of how your body is responding.....and since you work out, could be more muscle weight.

One of the hardest things for many of us is to increase the good fats......it's hard for us to wrap our heads around that principle when we've been told for years to LOWER fats!! I'm now taking two spoonfuls of coconut oil in the mornings.....mine never solidifies down here but if it's solid, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds.....it goes down easy!  Also, are you drinking plenty of water?  I'm certainly not a medical mind, but if, when we adopt this lifestyle, our bodies spend some time eliminating toxins, we may need more water to help flush things out. Might that have instigated your kidney issue?

You have lots of support here......you're on a good path!  Namaste'

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 11:32:28 AM »
Aw Rita, I'm sorry you're feeling this way  :( I have no words of wisdom, but will be thinking positive thoughts for you and believing that you will get to the bottom of what's causing the weight stall. I hope that whatever is found at the Dr.'s will be easy to fix and you get right back to feeling well and confident!!

I eat a very tiny portion (about 1/4 cup) of brown rice once a week when I fix salmon. So far it hasn't seemed to bother me (blood sugar or weight stall) but I know that every body is different so I suppose it could be having an adverse effect on you. Don't you dare feel guilty for allowing a little of it into your meal. It's not like you ever overindulge on anything. You're doing great! Hang in there.  :) And keep us apprised of how you're doing please. We'll all want to celebrate with you when this gets resolved!

And I agree with Jan. Disregard the pounds for the time being. I didn't lose a single pound that first week, but was shocked to see that nearly three inches had come off my waist! Pay attention to how you're feeling in your clothes. Are you a little more comfortable than you used to be? If you notice any change at all, then you're probably doing just fine. And yes...water, water, water!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »
Thanks guys.  I know I should be better about drinking more water.

I know the abdomen has shrunk, and I could tell that after being wheat free for only 3 days.  I think it was inflammation that went down, rather than weight loss.

Still... frustrating.  This is why I don't weigh myself.

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 11:54:17 AM »
By the end of the second week I had only lost another 1/2" in the waist. (I would love to have kept up the 2" per week!) I was a little discourage, but then I found out that I had also dropped three pounds.

So be encouraged by every pound lost and every day you realize that you feel just a little better than the day before Rita. This could take us awhile. Patience is not my strong suit, but I'm just trying to stay encouraged by the testimonies of others who have been at this awhile.

I'd be willing to bet it was more than just inflammation that went down. I'm thinking some of it was the visceral fat we've all accumulated over the years from the wheat and other grains.

Joan from MN

• Wheat free since 1/20/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 01:39:22 PM »
I'm so sorry, Rita. You know I'm right there with you on the frustration issue. I've posted elsewhere that I've lost 6.25" off my middle but almost no weight. It fluctuates, but I'm down about 2, maybe 3 lbs since January 20. My next step is to phase out fruit, dairy, and alcohol. Having said that, though, I just finished unpacking cream cheese and Kerrygold butter from Trader Joe's.  :-[

I'm nearing the end of a 12-week nutrition course, which is somewhat like the WB approach. As part of the course, we all had a personal consultation with a nutritionist, who examined a sample three-day menu. She looked at mine and concluded that I wasn't eating enough healthy fat and protein. I hate to admit it, but I'm still rather fat phobic from all my years of dieting, and I'm still working on that. Water is another thing that would help, so I'm with you on that one too.

This is kind of nutty, but when I was in weight loss mode a couple of years ago, I started out each day with a liver detox: a tall glass of water with just a splash of unsweetened juice and 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. It sounds weird, but it's really refreshing, and I think it's good way to hydrate and flush out the liver and kidneys as you start your day. Some people like hot water with a squeeze of lemon. Maybe that would help your kidney issue. I did this for about a month, and my pants started getting really loose, so I'm trying it again. Oh, and something funky always turns out with my urinalysis, too, and then I go have it rechecked and it's fine, so hopefully whatever's going on is a temporary aberration.

And I agree with Jan and Arlin: forget the scale for the time being and use a tape measure as one data point. I truly think we're all the right path, and if we just stay the course, we'll see results. Still, I know the feeling of reading about all these phenomenal results in a matter of a few short weeks, and I'm envious!   

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 02:47:16 PM »

So be encouraged by every pound lost and every day you realize that you feel just a little better than the day before Rita.

You're right.   Think about how much 2- 16 oz cans of tomatoes weighs.   I also feel better, I know that my abdomen has shrunk, and my triglycerides went from a high of 236 to an amazing 85, & my hair isn't falling out like it was before  So I've seen some pretty good health benefits, although it doesn't show in the scale.

I'm so sorry, Rita. You know I'm right there with you on the frustration issue. I've posted elsewhere that I've lost 6.25" off my middle but almost no weight. It fluctuates, but I'm down about 2, maybe 3 lbs since January 20.

I think we're probably in a very similar situation Joan.   I don't know about you, but I've got an odd body shape where I'm very narrow on the hips, I have thin legs, thin butt, but a pregnant looking abdomen.   One of the measurements for insulin resistance is waste circumference that's sort of out of whack with everything else along with high triglycerides.   Based on that, my doctor ( during a physical several years ago ), told me I had insulin resistance, which is a pre-cursor to diabetes.

I also have PCOS, and I know that is a cause of insulin resistance.    And, inflammation causes insulin resistance too, which is why I'm going to be working on taking in more Omega 3s  ( so that I can get my Omega 3 and Omega 6 ratio closer together ).

I think I might try the supplement serrapeptase, since that is an enzyme that reduces inflammation for a whole host of things.  ( Apparently in Europe and Asia it's used a lot instead of aspirin or ibuprofen )

However, since doing Wheat Belly, my triglycerides are now 85.   So I can't help but wonder if I would still have insulin resistance now that my triglycerides are so low.

I hate to admit it, but I'm still rather fat phobic from all my years of dieting, and I'm still working on that. Water is another thing that would help, so I'm with you on that one too.

I just bought some unsalted butter, so tomorrow I'm going to try out that Bulletproof Coffee to get those fats in.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:59:25 PM by Rita »

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 02:55:11 PM »
I had forgotten that you mentioned your triglycerides had fallen so low. THAT right there is a real health benefit. Kudos!!

I'm almost afraid to have mine checked.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 03:08:50 PM »
I'm almost afraid to have mine checked.

Oh go do it!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 03:23:14 PM »
Pushy, pushy! LOL  ;D

I'm due to have my blood work done again soon anyway, so why not?

fudgecake

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 04:30:26 PM »
I know it's not recommended to count calories, but I've been counting calories every day for ten years and I still do it. I eat 1800 calories a day and walk about 90 minutes a day, plus lift weights and do stretching exercises.

I don't want to recommend counting calories. I don't even want to recommend exercise. But they help me. On days when I think my eating is getting out of hand I just "fly by my instruments." My instruments are my exercise, list of foods eaten, and calories consumed. Once it hits a certain amount of calories, I stop eating. Sometimes I eat too many calories, but I never worry about it. The next day I'm usually not hungry anyway.

Rita, if your medical status is clear, you're getting some exercise, and you're not eating too many calories, seems to me there could be weight loss. If there's not, maybe all you can do is let your body do what it's doing for now. Stick with what you can do. Know what your instruments are and fly by them if you can't see out the window too clearly. Keeping eyes on the instrument panel will help keep them off the brown rice. Good luck!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »
Thanks fudgecake.

I'm going to do an experiment next week, starting on Monday.  ( Still need to grocery shop for it).   I'm of course still going to follow the Wheat Belly Diet, but I think I'm add a TON OF FAT to my diet.

With every meal, I'm going to fatten it up in a BIG way.  Here's an interesting article by Dr. Peter Attia:  http://eatingacademy.com/nutrition/what-i-actually-eat and get my body into ketosis, which according to Dr. Attia is " Ketosis is a state, achieved through significant reduction of carbohydrate intake (typically to less than 50 grams per day), at which point the body makes a fundamental change from relying on glycogen as its main source of energy to relying on fat as the primary source of energy."

Joan from MN

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 06:45:36 PM »
I think we're probably in a very similar situation Joan.   I don't know about you, but I've got an odd body shape where I'm very narrow on the hips, I have thin legs, thin butt, but a pregnant looking abdomen.   One of the measurements for insulin resistance is waste circumference that's sort of out of whack with everything else along with high triglycerides.   Based on that, my doctor ( during a physical several years ago ), told me I had insulin resistance, which is a pre-cursor to diabetes.
Well, I have an odd body shape, but it's the exact opposite of yours: wide hips, big thighs and butt, but not much belly. The ultra pear-shaped woman. My nutritionist told me I was estrogen dominant, even though I went through menopause nine years ago (yeah, I'm old  ;) ). She gave me a supplement that made me nauseated, so I stopped taking it. She also said that I was insulin resistant, and I have problems with hypoglycemia (as in, "Feed me NOW or I will commit homicide"), so I really, really need to watch my carbs. I've heard that hypoglycemia can be a precursor to diabetes, so I need to get my weight under control.

Your triglycerides are AMAZING! I need to get in for a physical this year and will report back here when I do.

In the interests of science, I'm going to conduct my own little n = 1 experiment and eat "oodles" more fat this week, to use the good Dr. Davis's term.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 07:26:30 PM »
In the interests of science, I'm going to conduct my own little n = 1 experiment and eat "oodles" more fat this week, to use the good Dr. Davis's term.

Great!  Then we can compare 2 stalled weight losses ( although we do have inches ), with apple and pear body type, and see how adding high fat to it while keeping carbs low will work.  ( I'm going to stay under 45 carbs for the day )

Just went grocery shopping and bought things like cream and 1/2 and 1/2.  I even got full fat greek yogurt and full fat sour cream.   Bought some good cheeses as well.  Almost felt embarrassed checking out, since this is soooo opposite of what I normally buy.  Even doing low carb on wheat belly, I've still been buying fat free yogurt, reduced fat cheese, etc.

Here's an interesting FAQ on fats:  http://eatingacademy.com/quick-faq
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 07:50:03 PM by Rita »

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 07:36:03 AM »
Rita......hope you're feeling better today!  The eating academy site is awesome.....I've learned a bunch from Dr. Attia and just received my glucose/ketone meter so will hopefully learn how to use it soon!  Maybe even start a ketosis thread!

I think we're all in uncharted waters here....our bodies have been infested with poisons for years and we all may respond differently to eliminating them.....as well as getting used to being fed properly. I think we should expect the unexpected.....maybe some plateaus are typical. It's great to have this support while we travel the WB road!  It continually reminds me that patience is a virtue!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 07:48:57 AM »
I am feeling better today.   Woke up and wondering how I'm going to get in my morning fat today.  Think I'm going to get my courage up and do the bulletproof coffee this morning.  Frankly it scares me!  lol  .   I'll make it the same way Joan does:

As Joan from MN said:   
Tried it this morning: 2 tbsp of unsalted grass-fed butter, 1 tbsp of coconut oil, a little stevia. Blended with immersion blender. I went easy on the CO this time but will work my way up to the recommended 2 tbsp. It was very good!

Do start a ketosis thread!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 07:56:35 AM by Rita »

Bing

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 02:53:18 PM »
I hope you feel better by now!
The BPC... I'm still hesitant, please let us know how that worked out.
Also I read green smoothies daily will help with weight loss.

Janet389

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 03:41:11 PM »
Rita, Joan. I feel your pain!  I have posted on this that I have also been very frustrated.  I have been doing this since Oct. 2012.  I also feel great and doc is pleased with all my blood work.  But have only lost 16 lbs. Or so.  I haven't cheated at all either.  I must be missing something; are you saying we need to eat more fat to get our weight loss moving again?  Is that per Dr Davis?

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 04:57:36 PM »
Is that per Dr Davis?

I have read on Dr. Davis' blog that we need to eat fat to get skinny.

Do you want to do the experiment this week also?

Janet389

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »
Yes.  I would love to.  I am going to add coconut oil to my morning tea.  I will also add half and half or heavy cream.  I will also use coconut oil with my morning eggs!  I hope it works!

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 09:11:57 PM »

Yes.  I would love to.  I am going to add coconut oil to my morning tea.  I will also add half and half or heavy cream.  I will also use coconut oil with my morning eggs!  I hope it works!

Cool!  We can compare notes then.

Janet389

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 06:51:39 AM »
Ok had my first breakfast with added fat.  Hot tea with about 2Tblsps of coconut oil and heavy cream.  It tasted wonderful, it was so rich and creamy.  Then had eggs, mushrooms, onions, and peppers all cooked in coconut oil.  I had made chia pudding for the first time.  I was very full,  but took a few bites to taste it.  Wow!  Wish I would have known about this before. The week of adding fat has begun.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »
I had my high fat breakfast this morning as well, and I'm stuffed.  Couldn't even finish it.   It was tasty, but holy smokes was it high fat.    I did a 1/2 grapefruit, and then I did a chia with half and half cream and 2 teaspoons salted butter on it.  lol . 

And I did have that bulletproof coffee yesterday, and although it really didn't taste bad ( like I thought it would ), I still prefer my coffee with skim milk.   
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:25:20 AM by Rita »

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 09:27:13 AM »
I'm going to start a new thread on our fat experiment.

Here's the continuation of the fat experiment:

http://wheatfreeforum.com/index.php/topic,102.0.html
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:29:51 AM by Rita »

Weeksie

• Wheat free since 03/11/13
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »
I just realized I'm eating too many carbs by having juice every morning. We make our own every  morning. So delicious. I'm new to WF -still learning. I've lost 8 lbs in 6 weeks so hopefully by cutting my carbs I will lose more!  Thank you this site!!!

Jan in Key West

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 06:00:53 PM »
You know Weeksie.....unfortunately it all boils down to counting the carbs!

eve

• Wheat Belly since September 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »
I just realized I'm eating too many carbs by having juice every morning. We make our own every  morning. So delicious. I'm new to WF -still learning. I've lost 8 lbs in 6 weeks so hopefully by cutting my carbs I will lose more!  Thank you this site!!!

I was just told fruit was a no no !  I didnt realize this, I have had lots of fruit since starting WB , this is going to be the hardest thing for me to do. I am still learning also.  I have lost 26 LBS while eating fruit

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2013, 07:44:28 PM »
I have lost 26 LBS while eating fruit

That's great!

arlin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2013, 07:51:24 PM »

I was just told fruit was a no no !  I didnt realize this, I have had lots of fruit since starting WB , this is going to be the hardest thing for me to do. I am still learning also.  I have lost 26 LBS while eating fruit

I eat two to three small portions of fresh fruit every day. I don't do juice however. It might be the concentration of fruit in the juice that can cause a problem. But I don't think eating a moderate amount of fruit should stall weight loss. I'm not having any problems with it so far. I'll be mindful of it though.

gurliestgirl

• Ashley's Wheat Free Journey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
Hmmm... that's terrible, Rita. Maybe should you increase the legnth of your walks? Try a new physical activity? Don't give up!

Neicee

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »
I had my high fat breakfast this morning as well, and I'm stuffed.  Couldn't even finish it.   It was tasty, but holy smokes was it high fat.    I did a 1/2 grapefruit, and then I did a chia with half and half cream and 2 teaspoons salted butter on it.  lol . 

And I did have that bulletproof coffee yesterday, and although it really didn't taste bad ( like I thought it would ), I still prefer my coffee with skim milk.
Please consider that skim milk has added sugars, and really not something you serve to children either.  Whole whipping cream does not.  Nothing like it in coffee.  Cream over a berry compote with a touch of stevia is my go-to breakfast.  Then eggs/bacon or sausage.  I'm good all day until our dinner hour of 6pm.  If you can eat dairy, full fat cottage cheese with a couple Tlbs. of cream poured over it is nirvana on a plate.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2013, 02:28:19 PM »
Please consider that skim milk has added sugars

I wasn't aware of that.  Yikes!

Loanne

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »
Rita, I was wondering as I read thru all of the posts...are you very close to your ideal weight?  It could be your body's way of resisting losing anymore weight.  I have a lot to lose, so it's coming off fairly regularly, a pound or two every week.  Except last week, I gained 1.5 lbs.  And not sure why.  But still very pleased with my progress.  I will ask extra angelic help for you this week!!  :)

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2013, 09:42:11 PM »
are you very close to your ideal weight?

no...   181 at 5'6"

But I have something funny to share.   

I mentioned that I had gone to the doctor because of a pain in my lower left abdomen on Friday.   Then all this week the pain has been pretty bad as well.   And I should mention that I also had a lot of pain the month of January around the gallbladder area, but I chalked that up to drinking dandelion root tea and that my liver was producing bile which then possible cleared out gallstones.

Anyhow, I went to the emergency room tonight because the pain was so bad.  They did a CT scan while I was in there.  Because of some weird blood tests I was all worried it was some kind of kidney disease.

Anyhow, the doctor comes back after looking over the CT Scan and says "The good news is your organs look great.   The bad news is that you have one of the most extreme cases of poop in your large intestine that I've ever seen.  It's completely full and packed"

Lovely.   ( And let's just say this was a young VERY handsome doctor telling me this ).

The interesting thing is that I'm very 'regular', so it would never have occurred to me that I have this issue.   

So I just want all of you to know right now:   I'm full of sh*t  !     :D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 09:45:36 PM by Rita »

eve

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2013, 11:11:31 PM »
I have lost 26 LBS while eating fruit

That's great!

Thank you! Maybe it could have been more had I not had fruit! :)

eve

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2013, 11:14:37 PM »

I eat two to three small portions of fresh fruit every day. I don't do juice however. It might be the concentration of fruit in the juice that can cause a problem. But I don't think eating a moderate amount of fruit should stall weight loss. I'm not having any problems with it so far. I'll be mindful of it though.

I was not sure the person who told me I couldn't have fruit knows best. I have my book out on loan so I cant look that up.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 07:02:19 AM »
Eve, I don't have my book w/ me either, but from memory...WB recommends fruit only in limited amounts. We now have 1/2 piece of fruit with breakfast and that's normally it for the day. We share a banana, an apple, or an orange, or have a small bowl of cantaloupe. And all fruits are not created equal...some have more sugars than others.

Joan from MN

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 09:05:46 AM »

Lovely.   ( And let's just say this was a young VERY handsome doctor telling me this ).

The interesting thing is that I'm very 'regular', so it would never have occurred to me that I have this issue.   

So I just want all of you to know right now:   I'm full of sh*t  !    :D
You poor dear! I hope you don't mind, but I found your story hilarious!  :D  Hope you're feeling much better now.

My DH had the same issue last Friday night (minus a trip to the ER). Let me just say that the chia pudding we've been eating lately has had a rather "cleansing" effect.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »
You poor dear! I hope you don't mind, but I found your story hilarious!    Hope you're feeling much better now.

I told the story to my mother over the phone last night, and I haven't heard her laugh so hard ever.   She had one of those out of control laughs.

Still working on the 'feeling better part'.   Let's just say I'm hanging out at home today.  lol

eve

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2013, 12:28:24 AM »
Eve, I don't have my book w/ me either, but from memory...WB recommends fruit only in limited amounts. We now have 1/2 piece of fruit with breakfast and that's normally it for the day. We share a banana, an apple, or an orange, or have a small bowl of cantaloupe. And all fruits are not created equal...some have more sugars than others.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  I had thought berries were ok. I am a fruit lover! Its like chocolate is to others , so this no fruit news was very sad to me!  I loaned my daughter my book, she has bad tummy issues and I am trying to get her to give this a 30 try, so I don't want to rush her with my book.

deanna in AR

• WF Sept. 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2013, 05:45:46 AM »
Eve, I remember reading that bananas and melons are among the highest in sugar. I love bananas, so when I go to the store I only buy 1 banana, and I usually buy groceries only every two weeks. DH and I share a piece of fruit (portion control) and always eat it with something else...nuts or something.

eve

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:57 AM »
Eve, I remember reading that bananas and melons are among the highest in sugar. I love bananas, so when I go to the store I only buy 1 banana, and I usually buy groceries only every two weeks. DH and I share a piece of fruit (portion control) and always eat it with something else...nuts or something.

Thanks for helping to clear this up. I got on the scale a few days ago and 2 more lbs are gone. That makes a total of 28 lbs since Sept 2012. So I really don't think the fruit got in my way.

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:57 AM »

Sponsored Links