This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: to die for chocolate ice cream  (Read 1894 times)

VibeRadiant

to die for chocolate ice cream
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:42:16 PM »
For someone who doesn't didn't like the taste of coconut so much, I've become quite the coconut milk consumer.

There's the coconut milk I make now that I love! 
Then there is the coconut soup I make that I love (sweet and sour -yum)!

and now, ice cream made with home made coconut milk (that doesn't taste like coconut).

I think I have out done myself this time!

Chocolate ice cream to die for!

20 oz of full fat home made coconut milk
1/2 cup xylitol
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used ruddy red for its high fat content and dark taste and colour)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp bourbon Madagascar vanilla syrup
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
1 tbsp gelatin
1/4 tsp xanthum gum

Blend all at high speed in blender. Pour into a chilled ice cream maker and process. I processed for 30 minutes. Then scooped into a container for freezing.

This has the taste of decadent chocolate creamy gelato. It is to die for!

Bob Niland (Boundless)

• View Profile
Re: to die for chocolate ice cream
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 05:59:42 PM »
How many servings does this make?

The vanilla components represent 19 grams of sugars, but the real problem (for many people) will be that 1/2 cup of xylitol, which may amount to between 58 and 85 grams net carbs, depending on how the individual digests it. This would place the whole recipe at 76 to 104 grams net carbs.

Xylitol is the highest GI (13) of the WB-approved alternative sweeteners. It can cause gastric reactions. It's also highly toxic to dogs. We've stopped using it in our household, although I consider fine in small amounts, and certainly superior to many non-approved sweeteners.

Best regards from your net carb nanny  ;) .

HungryinTN

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 09:11:56 PM »

Best regards from your net carb nanny  ;) .

Party pooper! :P

VibeRadiant

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 10:19:11 PM »
6 servings of about 1/2 cup. think of all the yummy fat in the recipe. as a treat, this beats the commercial stuff that gets passed as ice cream.

Mistyblue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 04:58:44 AM »
Vibe, sounds yummy. I'm having baked beans today, certainly not WB friendly, however, I do not plan to give up all my favorite food. My mom ate them for many of her 91 years and she is after all 91!!!

Suzhookem

• Wheat Free April 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:08:46 AM »
Vibe,

I'm so proud of you! A treat is a treat is a treat. You've become a coconut connoisseur!

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 10:08:46 AM »

Sponsored Links