This forum is created by people who follow the Wheat Belly Diet, as a place to communicate with each other about various topics. Please note that this site is a user created site, and not one of Dr. Davis' sites.

Author Topic: Scraping spoon for squash  (Read 2217 times)

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
Scraping spoon for squash
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:04:58 AM »
  Anntsy mentioned that she likes the horizontal peeler to make the zucchini into long strips, but doesn't bother with scooping out the seeds.
  There is a tool for this job, and it may help those with arthritis in the hands & wrists. I am very tempted to get this thing after peeling a butternut squash for soup. (The tool that Anntsy had would have helped me a lot to peel the squash). Once inside the squash, you're up for the challenge of cleaning out the seeds, no easy task. I saw a tool that looks like it could do this job well.
  http://www.amazon.com/Messermeister-Multi-Purpose-Culinary-Scoop-Scraping/dp/B007DKFU6E/
  I recently bought a pair of tongs with silicone heads made by Messermeister, and they were surprisingly of very good quality, so I don't hesitate to recommend this spoon.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 02:07:59 PM by Rita »

VibeRadiant

Re: Scraping spoon for squash
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:05:13 AM »
The link provided wasn't valid.

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 12:37:07 PM »
A huge thanks to Scrupulousgirl for a link that works. I don't know how to do what she did for the link, nor did I know of another way to provide one.

My apologies to every one. I used the address that appeared at the bottom of the printed page that I had copied. Thought that would be a link for the rest of you.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 02:07:18 PM »
I fixed your link.

So just as an FYI for general knowledge,  on Amazon links you have to include the product number in the url, which looks something like this:   B007DKFU6E

http://www.amazon.com/Messermeister-Multi-Purpose-Culinary-Scoop-Scraping/dp/B007DKFU6E/

and you can even simplify that url even more, by just  adding a forward slash,  the letters 'dp' , another forward slash, and then the product number behind the amazon.com url.

The url can also look like this:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007DKFU6E

But you can also just copy/paste the url, and paste that into here.  As long as the product number is somewhere in the url, it's generally good.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:33:53 PM by Rita »

ldyrdr4311

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 03:04:01 PM »
Thank You, Rita, for the fix & for the lesson.
Lesson learned.

Rita

• Administrator
  • A student of nutrition
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 03:30:01 PM »
lol-  not a biggy.   Thought I'd give that little amazon tidbit, just because that's the nerdy side of me.  :)

Wheat Free Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 03:30:01 PM »

Sponsored Links